My island has been... An interesting process.
And by interesting I mean time consuming, frustrating and totally worth it!
I love beadboard, hence the beadboard in my kitchen, so I knew I wanted to cover my not so pretty island with the stuff!
If you don't remember, my kitchen used to have a peninsula instead of an island. We removed the dishwasher from its home below and turned it to sit next to the sink, instead of at the lamest angle ever.
*Brock cut pieces for me (because the skill saw terrifies me to death) and I nailed them on, about 5 nails across the top and bottom of sides and 10 across the top and bottom of the back.
*Home Depot sells all kinds of freakin' awesome foamish molding and I bought some that is meant for a corner.
*Nailed that in after cutting it on every corner.
*Used some baseboards I had, and loved, around the sides and back.
*Putty the heck out of this thing!
*Fresh coat of paint on every surface of the island and new handles and knobs on the existing door and drawers and
VOLIA!!!!
BUT notice that THE TILE IS DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!! I'm so proud of all the hard work we've done, it's freakin awesome.
April 27 my counters should be installed, the final reveal will be then, but based on all these posts you probably are getting the idea of what my kitchen will look like.

2 comments:
Your kitchen is looking fantastic! I can't believe you guys are doing such a good job by yourselves! Thank you so much for you sweet comment on my desk! Have a good Easter!!
Awesome island! Did you purchase the cabinet pulls at Lowes?
Post a Comment