After some great help from friends and family, my month of "becoming a cheapo" has begun. Brock and I hit the grocery store last night and purchased plenty of food for the next two weeks, including enough ingredients to make a different dinner every night (except Saturdays which has been deemed left over day) and cereal, milk, microwave burritos for Brock's lunch, top ramen, and a butt load of pork (pork is really cheap right now because some people, such as my mother, think you get swine flu from pork. P.S. you don't!). Grand total? $62.44!!! Which leaves me with about 88 dollars for two weeks from now. Oh, by the way, I lied, I had budgeted 150, not 125 for groceries. Now, I am taking into consideration Brock and I bought a lot of meat last month because chicken and hamburger was super on sale a few weeks ago, so next month we'll probably have to stalk up again. But... still... 62.44 is pretty freaking good for a grocery trip with no intentions of stepping foot in a Smiths/Albertsons/Wal-Mart, etc, etc until may 14th.
First up for dinner (and also a tribute to May which is like, hamburger month)! Hamburgers
Friday, May 1, 2009
It can be done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm impressed! good luck!
Yay!!! Success!!!
-Alyssa
Post a Comment