I started this scarf for Chelsie, my sister in law's B day. :) so, Chelsie, if you are reading STOP!!!!!!! everyone else may continue. I knit this with some worsted weight pink wool and yellow weight wool/acrylic. It's done with a method called double knitting where you cast on with both colors and then knit into the MC and purl into the CC depending on which side you are on. And whats MC on one side ends up as CC on the other side,
and CC looks like MC. (see picture below because I am aware that doesn't make a lick of sense) It ends up looking like stockinette stitch but looser. I'd like it if it were tighter, but at the same time i didn't want to knit on it for the next 6 months because i used a size 3 knitting needle. I found the pattern at this blog. I was totally confused by her instructions... it took forever to figure out, but once i did, it's easy peasy!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Star Power
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is really cool! I love the colors!
Yes! We are blog friends! I work at Granite Credit Union.
SO CUTE :)
Post a Comment