Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{Laundry Room}

Our house has it's good and bad, just like every house. I have an ongoing love hate relationship with certain things. Like the small backyard, not much to take care of, but also not much to look at.

Another thing that I love, and yet hate oh so much is my laundry... area. It's not a room. But a closet. A closet that doesn't like being a laundry area.
This "room" doubles as storage. Obvious. These pictures are humiliating! It typically is a little cleaner then that, but not much. I'm doing laundry. (Surprise, surprise!)

You see, I love it because the laundry room is upstairs. Right outside my bedroom. No lugging 4 baskets up and down stairs on laundry day for me!

But the washing machine shakes, VIOLENTLY. We've tried many things, but it just does. This creates quite the noise level approx. every 12 minutes when it spins.
Another reason I don't love it so much: heat rises, so the upstairs is already hot in the spring/summer/fall and having a drier running in it, doesn't help. Lastly, We've had the hardest time getting doors for this thing, which would 1.) hid the mess 2.) help eliminate some noise.

The washer wouldn't push back far enough because of the hot/cold valves, so we took them off their pedestals, dropping them about 12 inches. Now for whatever reason we can't get the dryer to go far enough back. GAAA! it's like a joke!!! SO, being as awesome as I am, I've concocted a plan to get this show on the road!Ug, these pictures are so awful! Stay tuned for not as awful pictures!

1 comments:

Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life said...

I have a front load as well and it's also in a closet (uughhh)...It used to be on a second floor in our old house and I got a piece of rubber flooring (I used to work for a gym and was able to get some pieces of the gym floor) and put it under my washer and dryer and it helped with some of the shaking...I also put my spin cycle on medium instead of high and that seems to help...Not sure I would buy another front load :(