I hate my bathroom and I am out of money again until Brock gets paid. And with my kitchen done, I'm feeling antsy! SO...I gave myself a little challenge. I'm calling it The-bathroom-unnecessary-makeover-for-the-second-time-that-should-cost-nothing!
Really, that should explain it.
But allow me to elaborate.
I have a bathroom in the upstairs of my home and drives me nuts. It was remodeled a few years ago (I don't really know when) to accommodate the man who lived here being in a wheelchair. When we bought the house it looked like this: Yes, that is a bidet, and the numerous suggestions that we keep that thing still creeps me out.
Post Bidet:Isn't lighthouse wallpaper pretty? Mmmhummm...
It's SUPER long. I'm sure it used to be two bathrooms!
It has this nasty '90's vanity, a gross toilet, a step, a 90 feet deep tub and a pocket door.
First thing we did is patch the pocket door. Our bedroom is on the other side and we needed wall space. Second was rip out the bidet and clean. A lot.
I then proceeded to work on the vanity: And this was the best 20 bucks I spent on the bathroom. We also replaced the towel accessories. It then got a makeover and looked like this.
But being as cheap as I am, I robbed Peter to pay Paul and stole the bead board for the kitchen Island (It looks about 100x better in the picture then it actually did in the bathroom, I don't regret that.)
And now, it's getting some TLC again. The only thing I think I might HAVE to buy is primer and a few outlet covers. But that shouldn't be more then what, 25 bucks? I hope I didn't just jinx that! Stay tuned for the bathroom I might never like, but really should shut up about because it has a toilet and shower, and that's really all you actually need in a bathroom.
Monday, May 23, 2011
{The-bathroom-unnecessary-makeover-for-the-second-time-that-should-cost-nothing}
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 8:00 AM
Labels: Home stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment