Wednesday, May 4, 2011

{Featured: Remodelaholic!!!}

I'm over at Remodelaholic today! Talking all about my brand spankin' new kitchen!
AND in celebration of the fact I am indeed a Remodelaholic, I wanted to let everyone in on a little secret.
Not all my cabinets are actually new. Shhhhh!
Apparently my cabinets are super plain and can be found several places. (Mine are from Sutherlands, but I've seen them at Home Depot for more money) If you also have flat cabinets without any routing or molding, those are not so hard to find either! There's a slight difference, but really, who can tell. Well, I can (but not so much it bugs me) but I know, and now you will too.The Island cabinets are all original, with added beadboard. We contemplated over and over if we should gut and start from scratch and we kept freaking out about the cost. To gut the kitchen and get the Ikea kitchen that has beadboard would have cost about 4-5 thousand dollars. Adding cabinets from a home store, painting and using beadboard wall paper cost me about 500-600 dollars.
Dang, That's freakin' awesome!!!
And to top if off, My mother in law helped us pay for 300 dollars of it for our Christmas Gift! SO the cabinets cost us personally 50 for paint, 40 for wallpaper, about 150 for the Pantry Cabinet to the right of the fridge... and about 10 years off my life.
Worth it!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Love it. Next you need to do your own backsplash. It's not brain surgery. http://prettyoldhouses.blogspot.com/2010/11/tiling-backsplash.html

Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life said...

I'm a new follower...I saw your guest post on Remodelaholic and just had to stop over and tell you how much I "CRAZY" love your kitchen!! It's Beautiful!!!

I would love to have you visit me @ http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Ahhh! So happy you were featured on Remodelaholic!!!! Seriously, you did so much hard work, and it looks flippin amazing! I can't wait to see it in person!!!!!

Nikki said...

Absolutly Gorgeous! Winderful Job! I just painted my backsplash...very similar actually about 1 week ago. I have been debating on whether or not I should add molding to "stop" the stencil? How did you handle the part between the window and cabinets...where the backsplash meets the white? I would so appreciate your feedback...I'm totally stuck! Thanks! Oh and I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to hear from you!
Nikki
http://akreativeknack.blogspot.com/