Sometimes... I really have a hard time containing myself when it comes to money issues.
Let's face it, even with Brock working full time and living on as little as we can, we are poor.
And when I say poor, I mean we live off boiled chicken and rice. (okay, that's a little exaggeration, but still.)
We SHARE a car, we drive very few places except work and grocery store and back.
Everything I own is from DI, or was super duper on clearance.
I have NO new clothing post baby because I honestly cannot afford a shopping spree.
I spend a good 3 hours a week looking at ads online, matching them to the coupons I have to get things as cheap as possible.
We very very rarely eat out unless it's 1.) taking a friend out because we owe them for babysitting for us 2.) we have a GC/really awesome coupon that makes it almost free.
I sit in heat part of the time because my stupid Rocky Mt Power bill almost gave me a heart attack last month, and I never want to see it again.
I never do my dishes, because hello, it uses to much water.
Do you see what i'm saying? I am really really trying to make it here.
And you know what, I'm being punished.
I'm being punished because I don't have a deadbeat husband who can't keep a job.
I'm being punished because I bought a home, and I pay my bills on time.
I don't qualify for WIC.
I don't qualify for Medicade.
I qualify for a credit card. That's about it.
A lot of good that does me. I'm striving to PAY OFF my current cards.
Does anyone else see how this is all incredibly unfair?
You know the worst part about it, I'm going to have to get a job, to pay off the bills from having a baby. A baby that I'm now going to have to trust into another person's care a few times a week, or work nights so Brock can be home.
Thanks for nothing Obama, I sure love that I have to pay a buttload of taxes but the only thing I get in return is a punch in the face.
Thanks for listening to my rant. We'll be fine. I'm just really frustrated that I have several thousand dollars in medical bills I'm trying to pay off and because Brock isn't making 5k a year, we are screwed.
Being an adult is hard.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Ranting...
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 12:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I get sooooo frustrated when I think about the families who are totally 'using' the system... why is they can spend so much money on smoking and drinking and the mom is working so the dad can be a lazy * and do nothing all day, and they can qualify for WIC and medicaid and not have to pay a dime for the birth of a baby that will most likely end up in jail one day... (When I get mad I also go to extremes...) but seriously, it's soooo ridiculous! grrrrr. I'm going to go watch tv now to take my mind off of it... :)
So I know I've mentioned this a few times, but if you are ever wanting a second look at your finances, I might be able to help. It's completely free for you and I may be able to show you a few tricks to have more money coming into your home every month. If you're interested...let me know :)
Post a Comment