And more! I got this picture are the same place as the vintage dresses. It's a real painting. And it's really beautiful. Oh, side note, I forgot to talk about the crazy lady I got those dresses from. She was... crazy. I brought the pink dress and was finding out the price and she was like.. oh that, oh wow.. what am i doing selling all my stuff, that's my 20's dress... etc etc etc. Ten dollars.
Me: uuu... the sign says 3 for dresses
her: It says 6 for "better" dresses
(this dress was awesome, but stained and missing beads)
Me: okay, so how much for this one? (hold up orange one)
Her: 6.
Me: will you go ten for both?
Her:No.
I am standing there thinking 1.) is brock going to kill me for buying these? 2.) you're being crazy lady, why are you taking things from my hands and saying "why am i selling this"... she totally did. And she did that too some others i saw there. She was nuts. I actually had to say "I'm actually thinking of framing it, and I really want it, but i don't want my husband to be mad at me for spending that much at a garage sale" before she gave it back. All in all, i got the purse, picture, and two dresses for 15 dollars. So she went a dollar lower on it all. Basically the purse was free.
Old postage scale. It's really neat! Brock even liked it! Wood bobbins. And a gumball machine with gumballs,
Brock thought were jawbreakers at first.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Garage sale finds! Part III
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 4:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Man, I need to come garage sale-shoppin with you! that stuff is amazing!
That is awesome! Now you need to take all of it to Antique Roadshow.
-Alyssa
Post a Comment