Tuesday, September 16, 2008

6 Months


Yesterday was mine and Brock's 6 month anniversary. HOLY COW!!! Now, I know it's nothing compared to 5 years or 25 years, but to us, it's been a very interesting 6 months, and we are very happy with the outcome thus far, and can hardly believe how fast it's gone by. (By the way, there are probably thousands of people who can't make it to the 6 month mark, so it is something).


The other day we were sitting and thinking about the last 6 months, and I think we've had more then most happen to us in our first 6 months of marriage. Appendicitis, migraines out the wazoo, car issues, sharing a car, living a week and a half off 100 dollars (not that hard ;)) A really crappy B Day, and a really good one, one move, and so much more that shouldn't be shared on a blogger... All in all, we really feel like Heavenly Father has blessed our marriage and everyday we feel more so that it is absolutely what is right for us!


Back to yesterday: Brock didn't have to work, so I asked and was granted a half day at my job. First we went to the social security office and finally changed my name! FINALLY! So i am officially, Ashley Jewell Poulsen!

Then we decided to go to a movie and dinner. we decided to see Get smart, and it was really good. I thought the combo of Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway was a little odd, but the movie was good. And we were going to go to Cafe Rio for dinner, but the one I was thinking of was actually a Bajio (gross) so we drove around for a while and finally settled on Pizza hut. We ate pizza for the next little bit, watched some of Fiddler on the Roof, and headed to bed about 10:00. I was really tired for whatever reason...


All in All it's been an awesome 6 months!


4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Happy 6 Months! It seems weird for me to think of only being married that long. With 2 years under my belt I feel like a veteran. I hope the next 60 years are as eventful as the last 6 months!

Vivian said...

Don't blink, suddenly you'll have been married for years and chasing a couple kids. It goes quickly, so enjoy every minute!

Talina said...

So when you say you were tired for some reason, there was some innuendo there, correct? Just checking. ;) Happy Anniversary!!! And six months is a big deal. As is 9, 12, 18 and 24 months. After that you have to count in years. It's kind of like little kids. Mile-stones are a lot closer together for the first couple years ;)

Ashley Poulsen said...

No Talina, i wasn't being dirty!!! But it sure sounded like it... :)