Thursday, December 23, 2010

{Day 22 Homemade Tree}

When life gives you garland, make garlandade! Okay, there's no such thing as garlandade. Make a mini-tree!

Ingredients (or, you know, supplies):

Garland
Floral Tape
Floral Wire
Wire cutters



So take your garland, and take your wire cutters, and remove one of the "branches" and then about half of the needles.

Now repeat this with several branches!











Wrap the floral tape around the area where the needles were removed on each branch.

With only one of the branches, also add a piece of floral wire to the height that you would like your mini tree.









Use the floral tape to bind 4 or 5 of the other branches to the main taller branch.

I ended up using about 20 total.












It should like something like this, shown here with optional block-of-wood accessory (I just drilled a hole in some scrap wood).













Then I added some flocking (that I also used here) to the branches, and some tiny ornaments.

Done and lovely!








1 comments:

Kim @ Party Frosting! said...

Super creative idea! I love it!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!