I do not claim to have that coveted perfect tree. Not by a long shot. But I really do love my tree this year, and I have a few idea's as to why it looks so fantabulous this year. First off, I picked a color. Red. I LOVE red, and it's a Christmas color
So worked out. I had this great tree topper you can see pictures. And this awesome Snowflake garland,
Thus the Theme of a "Red walk in the Snow" was born! (I just made that up on the spot, And I LIKE it!)
When My Hubby proposed to me, he put this red ornament on his mom's "white tree" and during dinner said "mom, why is there a red ornament on your tree?" Walked over, pulled it off, opened it, genuflected and popped the question. How romantic. :)
With that said, here are my ideas to the Perfect tree
*Use a garland or ribbon. it really adds a wonderful touch.
*Pick a "theme" It doesn't have to be a color, My downstairs tree is "The Kids Tree" and it's all the Disney ornaments we collected as Kids, plus the ornaments from us growing up.
*Let the theme reflect an ornament you really love.
*Don't hang all your ornaments. I have tons of ornaments "stuffed" in the branches as filler
*get something like my red berry branches, to also "stuff" in the tree. It adds texture and fun. I've seen people use branches from their yard, I have some glitter on sequence on some wire for my "bright tree". Yes, I have three trees, don't judge.
And those are my tips. Every tree looks awesome just because it's up and it has ornaments you love on it!!
Cheers!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
{Day 2: The Perfect Tree}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment