And I'm not talking "Worlds Best Coffee" like on Elf: And it actually sucked.
(No idea what I'm talking about? Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJuhNDrX008
Also, if you have no idea what I'm talking about you should go cry, because Elf is awesome.)
These are for real, the best sugar cookies every. Just slightly crispy on the edge, but totally soft a moist on the inside. Secret ingredient?
Sour Cream.
That's right, Sour Cream.
So without further ado: Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Add 3 eggs, 1 C soft butter, 2 C sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a dash of nutmeg.
After that is mixed add 5 1/2 C flour 1 cup at a time.
Freeze 1 hour or refrigerate 3 hours. Roll out in flour to 1/4 inch thick. Cut, and bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. I depending on thickness 9 minutes is usually good. When a thin part (if you're like me and unevenly roll out dough) start to maybe kind of turn brown. Take those puppies out. If you get too much flour/over back them those things will go from fluffy wonderlands to crispy biscuits. Which my husband still loves.
I make a cream cheese frosting for them, but any will work.
1 pkg cream cheese
little bit of milk
a few cups of powdered sugar.
Frosting is not a science to me. :)
I also have a sour cream fudge recipe that is so freakin' amazing. But that one is a family secret. Who knew something so gross would make such yummy things.


2 comments:
They are so PRETTY!!! and look Delish!!!
Great post! I love the picture. Those sure look scrumptious :)
Post a Comment