Brock and I were sitting in our living room the other day and I looked at him and said
"you know what I'm excited for?"
"What?!"
"Christmas!" Brock looks at me like a crazy... "now that things are clean(ish) I can imagine where I want everything. I'll put lights there" [points] "and the pencil tree you promised me there" [pointing again].
And now I'm totally in the Christmas Mood. Yes, I know it's not even April, but I'm excited for my first Christmas with my new baby (who will be like SEVEN months then!) in my new... er, to me, house.
So, in my Christmas thoughts here is my wish list.
I started collecting Christmas tree toppers. I thus far have 5, I believe. But I went from 2 to 5 last Christmas thanks to my mom and her awesome antique shopping. And I just loved they way they are displayed here. I'll definitely be copying that. 
I started collecting Christmas tree toppers. I thus far have 5, I believe. But I went from 2 to 5 last Christmas thanks to my mom and her awesome antique shopping. And I just loved they way they are displayed here. I'll definitely be copying that. 
I'm also excited for my new tree, mentioned above. I don't have it yet, but Brock HATES with like 1 million emphasis on HATES my current tree. It's really heavy and he doesn't want to take it up and down and stairs. So that's going to be my family room tree, and I'm getting a pencil tree for my living room.
I have an addiction, I know. It's my mom's Fault.
And lastly, I want a mantel.
It doesn't even have to actually hold a fire, I just want the mantel. We found one at an antique shop, but it was... ahem, 400 dollars. I tried to see if they would take 150 (hey, it doesn't hurt to ask) but the guy laughed and pointed. Just kidding, he didn't. But he clearly thought I was ridiculous. So there went my hopes, Brock did promise to build me one... at some point, and after he promised he said that in the promise he didn't say it would look good. :( (BOO BROCK) ~sign~ someday.
It doesn't even have to actually hold a fire, I just want the mantel. We found one at an antique shop, but it was... ahem, 400 dollars. I tried to see if they would take 150 (hey, it doesn't hurt to ask) but the guy laughed and pointed. Just kidding, he didn't. But he clearly thought I was ridiculous. So there went my hopes, Brock did promise to build me one... at some point, and after he promised he said that in the promise he didn't say it would look good. :( (BOO BROCK) ~sign~ someday. In the meantime KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ONE AT DI FOR ME! :D

0 comments:
Post a Comment