Yay for December 2nd! can you believe it's that time of year again? And Brock and I are done with Christmas shopping!!! Can you believe that? I'm impressed with us!
I have all the Christmas Decor up (update 12/2 4:25-*by the way, i did get a white christmas tree, it's little but I think it looks AWESOME! Pictures to come!*) and tonight I'm going to make some delicious fudge and Caramels. :) I'm excited! and you should be too, because odds are, if you read my blog, you will be receiving some goodies tomorrow!
And last night, the turkey noodle soup was SO GOOD. but it had a little to much poultry seasonings. Here's what i did.
Put about 2 cups water in a pot and turn on medium-high. add 1/4 of an onion (copped) and 1 large carrot (copped). while that starts to boil add about 4 cups of copped cooked turkey leftovers and seasonings to taste (i added poultry seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery seed and a few others). add 2 small cans of chicken broth and while that boils make a small batch of roux.
Roux
in a sauce pan melt 1/4 cup of butter. once melted add 1/4 cup flour and mix together. Once that starts to boil add about a cup of milk and let sit until warm, (stirring occasionally)
Stir the roux in the soup and bring to a boil. I then added linguine, because it's what we had. i added WAY to much though, and the soup was very noodley. once the noodles were done ( i let it boil to long because i had to pick Brock up from work, so be careful. it should take about 10 minutes depending on what kind of noodles you use) At this point if it's too thick (as mine was) add another can of chicken broth. and voila! Delicious!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Day 2 of 25 days of Christmas by me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Ashley! Your soup sounds great! I think next time if you use a little less roux or add it a little bit at a time and check the thickness as it boil your soup won't get so thick!
Post a Comment