I made some hand warmers for my mom a few weeks ago for a Christmas package I put together for her. They are a simple pattern and i wanted to share. :) After making all you do is put in the microwave for 1 minute and it will be warm for a long time!
you'll need
1- 3 X 5 piece of flannel
1- 4 X 6 piece of flannel
1/8 cup of rice
funnel
First cut out your flannel, fold smaller piece in half and sew around the edges, leaving a space large enough for your funnel. turn inside out. Insert funnel into pouch and add rice. If your funnel gets clogged, use something small to push the rice through. i used a size 3 knitting needle. :)
Once pouch is full, sew closed. Don't worry about making it pretty because it will be on the inside and no one will see it.
sew the second and larger piece of flannel same as first, leaving a gap large enough for the first flannel piece. Insert rice filled pouch inside larger.
Sew around the edges of the entire square, closing the whole and making a finished edge.
Volia! Sadly i do not have a picture of the finished Project, which I didn't realize until about 2 seconds ago. I'll take a picture when i go home this weekend and edit. :) Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Cozy hands=Happy people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment