****Addition 8/20: just so you all know how serious I am, I bought a drop spindle off ebay today. Yes, I am Hard core!!****
I’ve noticed in the last six months or so, a GIANT push to be “Eco friendly”. You can buy fabric grocery sacks, everyone wants a hybrid, and, for the love, IKEA charges 5 cents for a plastic sack so you’ll bring your own, (don’t worry IKEA, I will bring my own next time, and they will be from Target or Smiths, not from you, because I had to cram so much IKEA stuff into one bag it ripped!!!!!) Anyway… has anyone else noticed this trend? I think Al Gore has actually scared the heck out of us enough, we are starting to listen. Well, I’m not gonna lie, I suck at doing my part. I don’t recycle, if I could afford it I’d drive a hummer I would! (just kidding, I hate hummers, but I would at least have a car even though I live a mile from work) and I could care less if something says “be green” or “greenest is the coolest” or has some other hippie lingo on it. (except, of course, Teneills shirt that says "Conserve water, shower together") I always want to do better, but I guess in all honesty, I’m not sure how.
en them for a long time, and i've always wanted to do one, and I finally found a methond to the maddness without having big knots in your bag every 3 inches. you loop them around each other. Which probably makes no sense, but go check out plasticbagbag and see how they explain it. It's so informative. :)

2 comments:
I will admit that I like to go green, but I am not very persistant. I like to recycle my newspaper, (and there is a bin up at Smiths) and I take more things to DI than I throw away. I would DIE to have a hybrid (too stinking expensive). I am diggin that newspaper yarn and I think I want to make one of those plastic bag-bags. Let me know how that goes!
you make me giggle. I can't wait to see you in your newspaper yarn sweater!
Post a Comment