Here we go. So, I'm going to attempt to make a list of 1 bajillion things I'm going to do in my house And blog about them, or so we hope.
Good news is, the kitchen is actually almost done, I'm not just saying that. I have 6 cabinet doors to finish stripping and paint. Trim to paint, a backsplash to do (which I will blog about), and counters. (I'm ignoring the floor because it will kill me if I think to hard about it.)
THEN I have to decorate, which might also kill me. Who knew I had no idea how to decorate a kitchen!?
But that's it. It's taken, literally 6+ months, but it's almost here!
But the rest of my house still needs a lot of TLC. Let's start:
Ashley's Practical list of house projects
LIVING ROOM
Cornice Box above bay window with new curtains
New chairs (or really new furniture)
New Carpet
Paint molding. Don't judge me because that's not done.
Add crown to windows
New door
New molding around door
New railing on stairs
Something pretty above stairs (to be decided)
DINING
New rug
New door
New molding around entry to room
HALL
Baseboards
New molding around doors
Doors on laundry room
LAUNDRY ROOM
New shelves
Coat rack
Add cabinet
wallpaper
New baseboards
And we head downstairs
FAMILY ROOM
Add wall to make room half size (it's 31'x12')
Take down half of wall shared with stairs
Board and batten
Hutch for TV and movies, toys, games, etc
Paint
re-sheetrock
Doors over room under stairs
Window treatments
ROOM UNDER STAIRS (it's going to be my sewing/craft area)
Sheetrock
built in shelves and desk
SIMON'S ROOM when the baby comes!
Re-sheetrock
New closet doors
Window treatments
Paint
New furniture/Bed
GUEST ROOM
New flooring
New window treatment
Patch walls and paint
Headboard
Bedding that I love
GUEST BATHROOM
New flooring
Double vanity
LANDING
New floors
Board and batten
THIRD BEDROOM: this room doesn't exists, so it will need everything
Sheetrock
Add closet
Bedroom door
Window treatments
Flooring
And that's it. Obviously there's more, but that's basically the bones of what I need/want.
My totally unpractical thing is to take out the second bedroom in our upstairs that is currently the nursery and make it one big master, with a walk in closet and a master bathroom. The room will only be about 15x20, so it's not like it'll be HUGE, but a walk in closet is on my list of things I NEED in life. Sharing a wall closet with Brock is... not fun.
And our bathroom is HUGE, and not in a good way, it's long and skinny. like 15x5. awkward, and it has a TON of wasted space. So we're going to make it a half and master bathroom. Just a Pedestal and toilet. and the master is going to have a double sink. It's not going to be an insanely huge master bath, but it'll be perfect for us and I think really nice with the scale of our home. This stuff will only get done when we're done having kids, because i love having the nursery outside our room.
I do love my house, it seriously has amazing bones and we were so fortunate to buy a home at such an amazing price that I am able to get it exactly the way I want.
Stay tuned, it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Friday, March 25, 2011
{To Do at the Hertford Home}
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 10:02 AM
Labels: Home stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment