Monday, February 28, 2011

{WINDOWS}

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That's how excited I am right now.

Actually that's not even half of how excited I am right now! My new windows are here!!!!! And let me tell you, they are BEAUTIFUL! They make my much needed to be resheetrocked basement look so pretty, my bay window doesn't have cracked and crappy windows that won't open, my kitchen window actually locks instead of having a 2x4 jamming it shut. Oh how exciting!!

So, if you need new windows, Advanced gave me a killer deal.

Seriously, Killer.

They were all super nice, and spoke English. And while that sounds a little racist, it's frustrating when you're trying to talk to them and they just smile and nod and you could be telling them that you're having a heart attack and still, smile, nod.

I should learn Spanish.

Anyway, they were really nice and it took less then three hours to do the entire house! WHO KNEW!!!??

They also ripped up that nasty tile from some of the windows, which was awesome, because I was starting to think I would give up because it was sucktastic trying to get that up.

SO YAY for progress on this house that I am starting to love more every day!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Can't wait to see pics!

Nik said...

i wish more bloggers would tell about their houses. i'm in the process of looking at houses to potentially buy. you must've gotten a great deal on this house to be able to do such awesome upgrades. i'm thinking i would need to find like a $80,000 house to have money to upgrade. then there's the decision of whether to buy hud, forclosed or short sale and is that worth it. so maybe you could share a little bit of your experience in that area. maybe you could give some advice or something you've learned from buying? either way, i enjoy keeping up with your blog and i'm totally digging your floor boards....sti ill!