Right after Simon was born, as most of you know, I really struggled nursing him. After 6 weeks of a starving baby, lots of pumping, and some miserable days, I gave up. Feeling like a failure, but deciding it just wasn't worth it anymore.
Around the same time I was deciding what kind of birth control I wanted and decided on an IUD. Although I was often feeling like I shouldn't even go on birth control. But everytime I felt a thought come into my head about no birth control I thought, NO way! I'm not going to be that mom who has two kids under 1 or something! Or I would wonder if I was just already wanting a redo so I could prove something to all the people who pushed and pushed me to nurse and who had no idea what I was going through. Neither of those seemed like good reasons to go off birth control.
So finally in about September I really urged Brock to pray about it, because we both needed to feel that confirmation that we were in fact supposed to have another baby.
October, IUD taken out.
Nov 17th, first kind of regular period since giving birth
Dec 20th, skipped period, positive test (if you hadn't guessed that yet)
Before you judge me about having two kids, under a 2 (if you haven't done the math they'll be about 15 months apart) We decided, as I will continue to preach to anyone who thinks i'm crazy that if we kept living in fear of cost, or Brock loosing his job or what people will think, we were living with fear and no faith in our Heavenly Father, and the fact he truly knows everything.
We found out about a week ago Brock's job got extended, and the earliest day he will be unemployed is oct 1st. I'm due August 23rd. Which means we will without a doubt have insurance for this baby. Who knows if that blessing would have been given to us if we had not listened and kept waiting.
Also, I would like to point out you cannot/should not get pregnant when you are nursing. Looking back it's clear to me nursing wasn't for me and Simon not so I could have a "redo" but so I could have another baby in the Lords time, not in my own.
Lastly: No, it was not an accident. Even though when I called the doctor they said "suprise!... unless you were trying??" Thanks for giving me a preface to the many months to come of, "oh did you mean too?" ha ha
We think it's going to be a girl, just because we always imagined having a boy then girl. but of course could care less if Simon gets a little brother or sister.
And we have no boy names picked out, so for that reason are kind of hoping for a girl. ha!
So, I hope this didn't come off rude, because if one of my friends told me she was pregnant and she had a 9 month old, I'd probably ask if it was an accident. It's just kind of where your thoughts go too.
11 weeks down, 28 to go!! (hopefully this baby will be early like simon and we'll only have 26 1/2 weeks to go!!!)
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Suprise!
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 8:31 AM
Labels: Penelephant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good for you! Our first two are 19 months apart and I wouldn't change it. I love that they're so close together. In the beginning it's a little more difficult to find a balance but I'd say that's the case no matter the distance. Hope this pregnancy is an easy one for you!
How exciting! Congrats! I got pregnant while breast-feeding (well...pumping that is...) so I knew it was the right thing to happen. Hope you have been feeling good! :)
Congratulations!! My sister likes her kids close together and I admire her for her ability to do it! You are smart and brave to follow feelings you have. I can't wait to find out what you are having!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to hear all about if you're finding out if it's a boy or girl and I hope you're feeling well. :)
Post a Comment