Tuesday, February 8, 2011

{Bay window}

Okay, here we go. First off, notice the sad sad sad roman shades. The side ones are good, but the middle one keeps breaking!!! So one of the first things I have to do is fix it. Uggg.. you shouldn't have to fix blinds you purchased! Second, let's be honest, the houndstooth? What do we think? I like the idea of the curtains, but I was thinking of changing them to a nice damask? Maybe black and white? Remember, I'm also changing the baseboards so they'll be as tall as the ledge for the window. I'm thinking i'll also do something that has more of a ledge, and do redo the window sill so it's not that 1985 tile that is Oh SO cute! not.
And I want to do a super nice cute window seat. I tired to make one and didn't love it. at all... gaaa, I hate when I spend the money on something (and it wasn't cheap) and then don't use it. But i really want to utilize this as a seat, because i feel like it's too low for display, and it doesn't really work as anything else. Suggestions? Or someone who knows how to make a bay window cushion?

2 comments:

Nik said...

Are you sick of me commenting?? Anyway, I love love love houndstooth and I also love love love damask, but I say put up the damask. I'm not diggin' the houndstooth. I love the bay window. I love house projects and can't wait to see the end result you come up with.
P.S. Apparently I love a lot of things! :)

-Nicole

Ashley Poulsen said...

I love the comments! Keep them comin'! I feel like the houndstooth is like too dark or something... We'll see.