Monday, November 1, 2010

Here are some things i've been DYING to share!


And we're back. While the month went nothing like planned. (meaning we didn't actually get to take a break from real life ~sigh~ maybe we'll try again next year) I did get several things gone. Among those things are stalking many blogs and finding some things that i want SO BADLY to do. Examples: Love this sink: Adorable!




I totally want to do my bathroom like this!And my future kitchen. I LOVE IT! A few other things to note My little brother got engaged. CONGRATS TO CHELSEY AND BRYCE!
Simon can sit up and crawl. I use the word crawl kind of loosely, but Brock and I decided it counts. He can go from one side of the room to the other in a matter of minutes. Can he waddle around on his knees and hands for hours and hours? No, but still, movement on hands and knees, even when assisted by the tummy are COUNTED IN THE POULSEN CLAN! SOooo, while I love the growth, I'm sad to say my baby is getting SO MUCH BIGGER! He eats solids and he is getting his bottom teeth. I love every second of it.
My internship is going AWESOME. I've even assisted on some fillings. ...And have to get a few myself. If you don't already know this, I pride myself on never having any fillings until I was 18, and even then it was 1. Well, it caught up to me. I thought it was four, now I have no idea because I feel like it changes everytime I ask, sometimes 4 cavities and then two other fillings (a chip and an old silver one being changed to white) and now I think she said 8?! WTC! I'm not thrilled! but whatever, might as well get them taken care of.

Halloween was... small this year. Last year I went all out and decorated our apartment like crazy. This year i only put up the tree, a few pumpkins and some candy. And I think i'm only going to leave out a few pumpkins for Thanksgiving. I am just really happy with my house, and i didn't want to clutter it up with crap. (Not that to some it isn't already cluttered).

I got my bedroom almost done and i LOVE IT. Pictures to come. Downstairs is still very over neglected. But it just overwhelms me. So i think I'm going to wait until i decorate for Christmas, because i have to clean and move stuff around anyway.

And Lastly, we found out Brock is going to loose his OH SO perfect job! :( Next spring is all we know right now. But they'll give him 60 days notice. And severance, So that's nice. Some people are even loosing theirs on Dec 31st, so I Am grateful we get Christmas with a little less stress. But in the words of Brad and Brooke, it looks like it's going to be a christmas without eggnog. ;)

Yeah, right. I'm weak, i can't go a Christmas without eggnog. But it will be a pretty much gift less Christmas, But it's okay, i keep telling brock to just wrap stuff we already have for me, and I got him a few things before we found out about his job. But Still, it won't be as big as last year. But hey, everyone says the smallest Christmases are the best. And i'm lucky enough to get a week with my mom, a weekend with my entire family, another weekend with my parents and several dinners and Christmas dinner with Brock's family. It'll still be a fantastic Holiday.

One last thing, if you've stayed with me. My friend Sheena and I are starting a blog. :) it's basically our adventures of fixing up our homes and upcycling the fantastic things we find at DI.

http://diwivesclub.blogspot.com/


Because I feel like i have to explain things, because people don't always get my jokes, when said out loud, it's supposed to be like DIY vies club. not DI Wives, like the thrift store. :) although it does go nicely both ways. Feel free to check it out. it's still a work in progress, so stick with us as we get it settled into the AWESOMENESS it can be. :)

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Congrats on the crawling baby! It won't be long before he starts pulling himself up on stuff, then you'll truly discover how "baby-proof" the house is. I'm already finding things that I thought Lily wouldn't get into, but does. Darn kids!

Also, I'm glad to hear your internship is going well! Yay!

Carly said...

So many fun things! I want a house to decorate!!! And I love the new blog! xoxo