Monday, November 15, 2010

{Before and After: Ashley's Bedroom}

When we first bought out house... it needed... A LOT of work. This is what our room looked like right before we moved in.

First walk in: To the left:
I HATE THOSE KIND OF BLINDS

Closet:


NOW, when you first walk in the room, this is what you see!Turn to your right: And on the wall that faces the bed: Do you love? You can't really tell, so if I ever did it again, it would only be with a dark color, but I did semi gloss and flat strips of the blue. (you can see it best behind my dress 2 pictures up.)Cost:
This was an ENTIRE room, so it wasn't too cheap. But I reused all our furniture, and got as much from the DI as possible.
Furniture: Reused from home, coat of brown paint: 25 dollars
Bedding: 80 dollars (pillows and comforter. Sheets we already had)
Lamps: 50 dollars for both (not great, but not awful)
Accessories: under 75 dollar for all (and those mirrors that look like hand mirrors are going to another room, that will put everything under 50)
And new door and new closet doors: 130. I think it's almost unfair I have to count those. We needed them SO badly!
Paint: 50 Dollars for white and blue paint
Total around 385 for everything if my math is right. Under 400 dollars for an entire room? I'm pretty dang happy with that. And guess what else? I LOVE it. 385 bought my happiness. WORTH IT!
And if it didn't have UGLY mirror closet doors, and a super banged up bedroom door, would have only been 255.

P.S. for those of you who know me on a personal level and are thinking something along the lines of "ummm... isn't your husband about to loose his job?" remember everything for this room was done except the doors being up before I found out. Which means all this was spent well before I was in panic mode. And the reason it took me so long to post was we just got the closet doors up like 5 days ago. Let's not talk about that, it was a very unhappy day in the Poulsen home.

Isn't a beautiful clean room the perfect way to start the week?



1 comments:

Jill Wilkins said...

Ok.....I have to say I LOVE your style and your decorating penny pinching savy :)HOW freaking CUTE! LOVE love love love it!