
This is Brock, handling the blogging while mom and baby rest.
Simon James arrived Tuesday, May 11th, at 1:47 pm!
Ashley popped out of bed at about 4 o'clock in the morning on Tuesday, startling me out of a dream that I'm pretty sure was the TV show Bones (which we've been watching loads of online since starting a free Netflix subscription) combined with Star Trek. She sat up in bed, said, "I think my water just broke." and, according to her, started to stand but thought, "The carpet is newer than the bed." and sat back down.
So we showered and got ready while timing contractions, gathered up our various luggage and headed out the door...
...to Los Bertos for a delicious Texano burrito: chicken, potatoes and sour cream. Excellent pre-labor-starvation food. The chorizo breakfast burrito I had was quite tasty also.
So once we were fed and happy we headed to the hospital. Ashley was super brave with or without the epidural, and Simon James arrived screaming and beautiful.

Seriously, look at that foot. Beautiful.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Simon!
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
He looks like a perfect little baby! He was a good size! I'm so happy everything went well for you! Congratulations!!!!!
Congrats guys! I can't believe you were able to stop somewhere else first! When my water broke I was in so much pain we sped to the hospital with 2 min apart contractions the whole way!! Can't wait to see more pictures of the cutie.
That's so great! Congrats to you both! :)
Ashley, I saw the picture of you and the picture of Simon's little foot and a swarm of emotions came back, just like I felt when my boys were born. He is such a handsome boy and you are awesome! I am so so happy for you. I know you will, just like I am, but enjoy him so much. New babies are so amazing!
Congratulations you guys! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment