Friday, October 22, 2010

{Friday Upcycled}

Friday's Upcycled project is from my home! Purchased for 20 dollars at DI a few months ago. This little fella just got a makeover! And if I do say so, he's quiet lovely. I think I'll call him Heath. Because he's as beautiful as Heath Ledger. Please excuse my inability to take nice pictures. (Anyone have some pointers? I'm sick of my pictures looking like my child took them)
I replaced the first two planks of mirror with a sheet of metal for a magnet board and the second with cork. A fresh coat of paint and some new knobs.

New knobs: free, already purchased from another project and leftover.
Paint: Free, already purchased for my bedroom, just leftover.
Sheet of metal: pruchased at DI for 1. Frame taken off of it.
Cork: Free, left overs!!!

Total Cost: 21 dollars, a wonderful friend helping me get it home and about 3 hours. WORTH IT!

Want to share your Upcycle? Email me at knittingninja{at}live.com

0 comments: