I’ll admit it! I am a yarn hoarder. I don’t know why or what makes me this way. I sometimes feel like my love for knitting, is really just a love for yarn. I received word that the shop I used to work at is going out of business, which is sad, but… it means clearanced yarns. So of course, I headed right over. I bought eight, yes, eight skeins of yarn. And saved a ton of money! I could so easily spend 200 dollars on yarn without even blinking, but brock was with me so……..
I keep thinking, what should I made with my new toys!?! First I thought a felted purse? But I’d end up knitting it up, using it for a month or two and then stuffing it in my suitcase with the rest of my collection of unused, but not DIable purses and bags.
Second I thought, maybe a scarf, hat, sweater? But it’s all wool, and while wool is wonderful to knit with and super warm… it’s kind of itchy. Plus: I don’t wear hats because my hair goes weird, I already have about 15 scarves (not including the fact I gave many last fall), and I don’t have enough of any one type to make a sweater.
Third, gifts! But as much as I love you all, I bought yarn I’ve been craving for a year or more. And it’s (at least for now) 100% for me!
So I am admitting it. I am a yarn hoarder.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Yarn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment