I decided I better jump on the play kitchen bandwagon! I see them all
the time online and have wanted one since Simon starting showing
interest in helping us cook a few months ago. I also decided it needed
to be CHEAP! I looked and looked for an entertainment center for less
then 15 dollars, and decided that wasn't going to happen. Then decided
in order for it to fit into the space I wanted I needed to use an end
table and GUESS WHAT!? I happen to have an extra one! One that even had a
wood top! So it looks like butcher block! Before picture. Way before. This has gone from my bedroom to my living room (where it got a sanding and staining on top) and then the corner of my living room because I couldn't figure out where to put it.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Play Kitchen
And NOW!!
It got a hefty retro makeover!
"Oven" Drawer
Hot pad and wash cloth!
Hooks on each side to hang stuff. Obviously.
Scrabble tile backsplash with the kids names.
Yes, we're those people who name the kid before it's born. Love it!
The burner is silver paint and a swirly vinyl my friend Anne cut out for me on her fancy smancy silhouette. I walked in the door and told Brock I WANTED one!
The faucet is silver knobs and a wood J from Joanns. The burner knob is two wood discs painted. then a kabob skewer.
I'm not about to say it's anything AMAZING or anything. But I got it done in a short amount of time and for next to nothing.
It's not in it's final resting place, but the kids new playroom isn't ready yet. So in the living room it will stay.
Posted by Ashley Poulsen at 2:16 PM
Labels: Crafts, Home stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment